East Mining Company
Major producer of thermal coal in Sakhalin region
We are among major Russian exporters of brown coal to countries of Asia-Pacific region.
We control the full cycle from the extraction to the shipment of our product. Our Sakhalin coal reserves have more than 300 million tons (confirmed by State), and a prospected reserve in Magadan region of more than 100 million tons.
Our key production assets are Solntsevsky coal mining site (Uglegorsk district of Sakhalin region) and, from 2013, the coal seaport of Shakhtersk, that has the status of a free port.
Our production portfolio includes 3B and D lignites and bituminous coals, and also anthracites, natural thermoanthracites and bituminous coke coals GJ, J, K.
The company is growing its mining volumes as part of its development program. In 2017, 4 million tons of coal were produced. The plan for 2018 is 8 million tons.
The plan for 2018 is 8 million tons. Satisfying the demand of light, heating and energy, we develop our business projects with high responsibility to nature, to the locations of our enterprises, to our employees, and also to the entire society.
Being the largest coal mining company in the Sakhalin region, we look forward to becoming one of the major Russian steam coal exporters to the Asia-Pacific countries.
Growing volumes, stable high production quality, and continuous optimization of our logistic chain will guarantee future growth of international target markets; and continuous development along with improvement of infrastructure and internal business processes will allow us to gain the status of one of the most efficient coal mining companies of Russia.
- 1983Start of experimental mining
- 1986435 thousand tons mined as the result of exploration stage
- 1987Solntevsky Coal Mine became the first company to use open cast mining in Uglegorsk district
- 20034,4 million tons mined between 1987 and 2003
- 2011The company bought licenses to work at Yuzhnuy-2 site with more than 130 million tons of reserves
- 2011The company acquired Shakhtersk port
- 2013Port modernization with capacity growth up to 3 million tons
- 2013East Mining Company was created, uniting Solntsevsky Coal Mine, anthracite sites in Magadan, and sea coal port Shakhtersk
- 2015Elaboration of documents to the complex development of the site and port with the help of consulting companies: McKinsey, RPM Consulting, Royal Haskoning
- 2016For the first time, mining volumes reached 4 million tons per year. East Mining Company was listed among 50 most rapidly growing companies by RBC agency
- 2017East Mining Company became a resident of Vladivostok free port. Shakhtersk port was listed among the five Russian leaders in cargo turnover
- 2018The mining and shipment performance for the year exceeded 7.5 million tons of coal
- 2018More than 500 additional jobs were created in the Uglegorsky district
- 2019The Company has increased coal mining volumes by 21% and shipment volumes - by 17%
- 2019The coal sea port of Shakhtersk was listed among the top ten largest coal transfer ports in Russia
- 2020EMCO started the principal construction stage of the main coal conveyor, which will connect the Solntsevsky coal mine with the Shakhtersk sea port